Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Marathon Training has begun!

Saturday, I laced up my shoes for the first time in 5 weeks and joined my running group for our very first run of Marathon season! I was beyond nervous about running on my foot for the first time. I was told to go .25 miles, if no pain, go to .5 miles, etc. I did that and around .5 miles, I started to feel my foot. It bothered me cause I didn't want to push it so I decided to turn around at the water station. Lucky me, my usual running buddies were at the water station on their way back! Yay! So I got to run back with them and catch up a little! Total, I did 1.25 miles. I was a little sore on Sunday but excited that I was able to do the entire 1.25 miles! I was very worried about having to "start over" but it's not that way at all!!! Yay!

Now, I'm in North Carolina with my mom while she is on training for her job! I had the opportunity to run yesterday and today on the treadmill. It went great, I felt fine...no pain! Monday, I did 2 miles and Tuesday, I did 3 miles (all without stopping and with no foot pain)! Yay! I of course took my runs on the treadmill slower than normal and will continue to do so that way I don't push my foot to it's limits!

So excited and glad that the days of the boot are over! Yay!

4 comments:

  1. Bye Bye BOOT! Glad to hear that things are working out. When is your marathon?? I am way behind on training for mine which 10.10.10 due to my I.T. band, but today I had a great run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I am thinking about signing up for the Princess Hald in Feb. Being the Disney expert do you know anything about it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad it doesn't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you have no pain! You are so smart to ease back into it :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...