Monday, September 6, 2010

1 year, 100 posts!

Wow this is my 100th post! :0) I started this blog back in July of last summer when I began training for my first Half Marathon! I can't believe how crazy fast time has passed! Since then, I've run 2 Half Marathons:



My very first Half, the Walt Disney World Half Marathon - January 2010. I ran this one with my friend, Laura! She is my "official" RB - aka Running Buddy! lol

The following month, February of 2010, I ran the Rock and Roll New Orleans Half Marathon with my friend, Heather!



We had a great time and really pushed hard to get our PR's! Yay!!

I have quite a few races on the calendar for this year. I've signed up for three so far and two are actually coming up in the month of October!

In just three weeks, we will be on the Disney Wonder sailing around the Bahamas and soaking up the sunshine! Three days after we get off the ship, I'll be running a night time Half Marathon with my RB, Laura!



It starts at 10:30 p.m. and I'm kinda worried about that but I'm sure it'll be fine! I'm excited about getting away and going on vacation! Can't wait! Hopefully this cruise is better on me than the last one was. It made me so seasick. However, the last cruise was a 7 day cruise and this one is just a 4 day so hopefully I will be ok! I know now that I can't have Sprite or Ginger Ale to "help me feel better"...that just made me worse last time so if I wear my super hot sweat band things on my wrists, I should be ok!



Up next after Wine and Dine is the Jazz Half Marathon! I'm really excited about running it cause I'm running it with my Sister in Law and it's her first Half Marathon! I'm also excited about it because it's on Halloween weekend and we are going to dress up! It may sound silly but we are going to be so cute! We have the outfits all picked out...I just need to do a little iron on patch work and we'll be good to go! We are going to be two players from the AAGPBL (Rockford Peaches)!! Everything we are wearing is runner friendly, too! lol I'm really excited! In doing a little research, I discovered that their home uniforms were white (with red as an accent color) so that's what we'll be wearing. Their away uniforms were the pink uniforms with the accent colors. That's how each team's uniform rotation was set....home games were white with the accent color and away games were the colored uniform! Something I never knew before! :0)

And so far, the last race I've registered for, the one I've been doing all of this running and training for...



The 2011 Walt Disney World FULL Marathon!! This will be a first for me! I'm so excited I can't wait! My goal for this race is to FINISH! I think I will be running this alone so hopefully I'll be ok. It's the stretch after the Magic Kingdom and the Grand Floridian on the way to Animal Kingdom that I'm worried about! I'll have to prepare myself mentally for that cause I hear it's a pretty boring stretch but I think I'll be ok! I've got a good training schedule and a good running group/coach so all should go well!

Speaking of training, I took today off cause I didn't feel like running! lol My soreness only lasted about half the day yesterday and after that, I was ok! I just didn't feel like doing anything today! I did clean out under one of the beds and I finished putting up Fall decorations (I couldn't find my fall candles but I finally found them today!). Other than that, it's been a pretty boring day! lol Boring is good around here lately! :0)

That's it! My 100th post! Yay!

8 comments:

  1. yay for 100 posts lol!
    I can't believe you didnt know about white and colored uniforms, thats pretty standard for all sports. for basketball we wore white at home and maroon and gold away, same with volleyball (though not as many teams do that since you are on your own side of the court/no contact/no need to have diff colors.

    so exciting about the races! I thought about dressing up for teh jazz half but I am not sure what I would be. I will be running by myself so IDK. let me know if you think of something for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited the Wine & Dine is so close! I'm worried about the late start too...should we carb load at breakfast?? lol

    Congrats on 100 posts...AND on the full marathon! I'm aiming to run it in 2012. You're going to do great, and I'm sure you'll make a temporary RB to keep your spirits up during that stretch on World Drive. :)

    See you in a month! Happy cruisin'! (ps - I've been on several cruises and the 2 things I can offer: 1) if you get queasy, go up top and get fresh air!! Go as far forward on the ship on the top deck and get some breeze in your face. 2) If you're remotely queasy do NOT go eat dinner in the dining room. This is the only time/place I've ever gotten really bad sea sickness. Something about being in a closed-in room plus the rocking really gets to me. If need be just go sleep on a lounger by the pool!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I probably should have worded my post saying that I didn't realize that the AAGPBL girls had 2 uniforms...cause that's really what I meant! lol I knew that hometeams wear white...and actually, a lot of the MLB teams have three uniforms..an away, a home, and a "Sunday" uniform (that's my favorite Astros uniform, btw! lol) In the movie and in museum pictures, all I've ever seen on the AAGPBL girls have been colored uniforms!


    MJ - YAY!!!! Can't wait! Thanks for all the seasickness tips, too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on an awesome year. You'll do great at Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your 100th post!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...