Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Trot! Happy Turkey Day! :0)

I started off this morning at 5:30 a.m. on the hunt for a newspaper!  Tomorrow (Black Friday) is my 2nd most FAVORITE day of the year!  I always meet up with my best friend Kim (actually, she usually spends the night at my house) and we head out super early in the morning to catch all the good deals!  This year, Kayla my sister in law is joining us, too!

IMG_1379

I found a paper very easy (one year, I had to drive to five different stands to get one!) so I bought two and came home to dig through them!  I can’t wait to go shopping tomorrow!

Our running group also hosted our annual Turkey Trot this morning. It’s not a race, just a fun run for families to get out and burn a few extra calories before eating a huge Thanksgiving meal!

 102_1929

A lot of people showed up to run!  It was great!!

102_1930

Our Turkey Mascot!  Teehee!

102_1931

Our coach wearing a Turkey hat giving instructions on where to go! :0)

IMG_1383

Our board this morning!  Love it! 

102_1932

My mom and I at the 1.5 mile water stop! :0)

 group   

Our group! :0)

IMG_1382 

Now, it’s off to my mom and dad’s for an awesome Thanksgiving meal!  I’m starved! :0)

Happy Thanksgiving!!  We are SO BLESSED and have so much to be thankful for!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving. Looks like you had nice weather. It's freaking cold and windy where I live. Hahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy thanksgiving! looks like you and your mom had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! I want to do a Turkey run next year. This year I just went out and did a run by myself. It was raining and cold, but I got a little over 2 miles in =o) Be sure to let us know what kind of great deals you got today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great report and pictures. Way to get out there and run!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...